Sherif El NabawyProjects and Engineering Manager
GUPCO - BP JV
GUPCO Engineering General Manager ,I have BSc and MSc in Chemical Engineering from Cairo University in 1991 and 1998 respectively. I’m a Chartered Engineer since 2008 and a graduate of The University of Manchester - Engineering Management Course - in 2011. I have more than 26 years of experience in the oil and gas industry which has been acquired through progression in several technical positions and activities, with Process Engineering as the core discipline leading to Engineering and Project Management roles for various projects. I joined BP from Enppi, Engineering for Petroleum and Process Industry, in 2000 as a Facility Engineer after which I moved to the Ha’py Compression Project in early 2003 then took over the Hilal Project Engineering Manager position in 2010. I was the Rehabilitation Project Manager since 2014 till 2017. Prior to ENPPI I worked in GUPCO as Process and Corrosion Engineer from 1992 till 1996.
- The challenges of a mature asset: Integrity vs. extended operating life
- A rehabilitation project: The Gulf of Suez Petroleum company cost effectiveness case study covering:
1. Building a local capability for major projects in Egypt
2. Utilising existing GUPCO resources for execution
3. Challenges, successes and lessons learnt